Interest in anti aging and concerns about how to look younger are extremely prevalent amongst both men and women today. This trend is not surprising, as there is more pressure than ever before to look young, healthy, and fit, particularly with all of the media exploitation of celebrities’ bodies. With the dieting, healthcare, and fitness industries booming, it is little wonder that looking good is on all of our minds. One of the best anti aging tips, which is becoming more popular as we are learning more about the benefits of various foods, is eating food that can help you look younger. As the saying goes, “we are what we eat,” so it makes sense that the types of foods we put inside our bodies will have visible affects on the outside of our bodies. This article will explore a few foods that have tremendous anti aging properties. These foods have the energy, nutrients, and vitamins to make you look visibly healthier and younger.
1) Guava, a tropical fruit, is highly recommended because it has four times more Vitamin C than many of the fruits in our supermarket aisles. Though it is a tropical fruit, it is becoming more and more popular in the United States. Vitamin C is an effective anti aging tool because it promotes collagen production in the dermis. Collagen tightens skin and reduces wrinkles.
2) Wheat Germ, which is extremely rich in zinc, is helpful for skin healing and can be beneficial for mitigating the effects of acne, eczema, and other skin inflammations. It also increases moisture in the skin.
3) Romaine lettuce is considered a food that fights against the effects of aging because it is high in Vitamin A, which is responsible for cell regeneration. In order to keep our skin looking youthful and healthy, the old, dead skins cells need to be eliminated by healthy rejuvenated skin cells. Romaine and other leafy greens also contain luetin, which reduces inflammation and swelling.
4) Tomatoes contain lycopene, which actually works like natural sun screen. The sun’s harmful rays can greatly age the appearance of your skin, so tomatoes can help combat this effect naturally.
5) Almonds are rich in Vitamin E, which promotes the growth of hair, nails, and skin. Healthy hair, skin, and nails contribute to the overall look of a young, healthy appearance.
6) Including cucumbers in your meal is an excellent way to combat dry, tired skin. Cucumbers have high amounts of silica and high water content. Eating them can give your skin a natural, youthful glow.
7) Avocados are extremely rich in anti-oxidants and can help prevent against many harmful diseases. Avocado is also rich in Vitamin E and fatty acids, which provide natural moisture to the skin
8) Oysters, much like wheat germ, are rich in zinc, which promotes cell regeneration and works to keep skin looking firm and youthful.
9) Butternut Squash, carrots, and other “orange-hued” foods are rich in the protein Beta Carotene, which promotes healthy hair growth and scalp health. Protecting your healthy, vibrant hair is an excellent way to keep yourself looking younger.
10) Skim Milk provides us with calcium and Vitamin D, which are both essential in keeping bones and teeth strong and healthy looking. Poor dental care can age an individual significantly, so these two vitamins are essential for maintaining a youthful appearance.
As the knowledge about food and the science surround food grows and develops, we continue to learn more about what foods can keep us looking young. These ten examples only begin to scratch the surface of the many healthy foods that can help you figure out how to look younger naturally.